Thursday, October 11, 2007

Wow... it's been awhile, no?

Okay... it's been a busy few months on this end. Life being life, I suppose, that's all we can hope for. =c)
My recent discoveries in that time:

Cable TV (as opposed to satellite)
I must admit, I'm NOT a fan. I miss my dish! It's better than networks tho.

The new Vanessa Carlton CD, 'Heroes & Thieves':
For the record... I LOVE VANESSA. I wholly support that she's trying not to become a conformed and plastic-coated music-label-darling. I love her sound and her songwriting and her piano. But... Heroes and Thieves was a major disappointment for me. She was not singing within her vocal range, and the reaches turned out flat, particularly in 'More than This'. That's a 4minute and 48second long song, which, no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get past the first ten seconds of vocals. =c( The songwriting and music itself was still her usual strong, but she should have passed them to another artist. It was not a good showcase.

That being said... 'Nolita Fairytale', 'Hands on Me' and a few others are still on my repeated favorites list. It's still the honest sound of 'Nessa, tho, so me an' the other Nessa'holics are saited for a little while.

CBS TV:
Kudos to CBS... it's so rare that I say that... but I must say this: Moonlight is one of the shining spots on fall TV. A return to classic story-telling. It's a vampire story, but they let the story tell the story instead of relying on the flash and bang of CSI-like special effects. They gave a few familiar faces a place to play, too, and hopefully those guys will bring up the acting standards for the newbies on-cast.

Now just watch, given that I've said this out-loud, they'll yank it from the line-up...

No comments: