Sunday, July 15, 2007

Druggies beware

This falls under the category of "Because I am a nerd."

According to an article from Wired Magazine's online quadrant, found here, scientists in China are working to assist the local law enforcement with drug control. I'm not sure if their motives are actually for the benefit of the community or out of generic scientific, sometimes arrogant, neutrality, but I find it interesting that they're doing it in that country as opposed to this one. Ketamine is an animal tranquilizer that has become big on the club scene apparently across the globe if it's hit China. America's had it's fair share of problems with Ketamine in recent years, too, hence my surprise that the field tests were apparently reserved to China. The article was an interesting one. However, it did nothing to quell my suspicions that most of the science-majors at the universities here in America are too regularly club-hopping with medicinal assistance to want to help out with law enforcement's efforts at curbing the dangerous activity. Alas, I have a pretty sad outlook on my own generation sometimes.

No comments: