Saturday, July 7, 2007

Live Earth Concerts

First order of business... today is 7/7/07 ... and that is just cool.

Second, Keith Urban performed as part of the Live Earth events in New York. They set up concerts all over the world, in over 130 countries. They had artists from a wide variety of genres, from ludacris and Akon to Dave Matthews band and Kelly Clarkson. (Also, of course, Keith Urban!) In the US they had concerts in New York (actually it was in Giants Stadium over in Jersey. I don't know why they advertised New York. That was unintelligent, imho.) and Washington DC. Globally there was an Australian concert, and the UK, a couple of places in Asia and more.

Somehow or another, to celebrate this whole save the earth kick concert that he's put together, Al Gore kicked everything off in Australia (yesterday) and then flew out here to the us... where, during the time I was watching, he pinged back and forth between DC and Jersey a couple of times... hello? I think I might just weigh in on the hypocrisy camp on that one.

But I'm proud of my boy Keith. He practices what he preaches, thank you. His tour buses are all eco-friendly and proud of it.

The concerts were good though. Even the artists I'd never heard of before I turned out liking what I heard. I'm not a rap fan, but I enjoyed ludacris' set pretty well. The audio on the net-cast wasn't all that impressive though. MSN is doing the coverage online and clips and soundbites will be available starting tomorrow, 7/8/07 for those who didn't watch it live online or on TV (or in person if you were lucky).

So yeah, everybody. Save our green-momma! heehee

No comments: